7.09.2008

Date with Daisy

Yesterday, my dad and I got to take Daisy out for a date. (Grandma and Ryan took Alexis putt-putt golfing. Later Grandma and I took Benjamin shopping.) They love to go on dates by themselves. It doesn’t matter if it is just to the grocery store...they simply love it.

We gave Daisy the choice of places, and she chose to go bowling. So, we went on an adventure to find a bowling alley nearby. After missing it once, we Google texted bowling and were able to get the address. (Thanks Michael for sending it as well. You're the best)

The date was a success! We had a great time. Daisy was a fabulous bowler. I helped her a few times in the beginning so that she knew what she needed to do. But, after about 3 times of help, she did it on her own for the rest of the game. She managed a strike and probably beat me. (I played my worse gave ever.)

After our game, we went to Chick-fil-a for a bite to eat. (Added bonus, they were having a customer appreciation week so they had these awesome mints. So good! I may have taken a bit more then my share. But how could I resist?!) Overall we had a really fun time. It was nice to be able to focus on one child to let them know that they are special and loved. (Note to self: Do this when you have children.)

(Note to the reader: Daisy asked for make-up earlier that day, and then washed her face...so the mascara is smeared a bit.)

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

she is so cute! Looks like a fun date-I remember doing these things with mom and dad...it was the best to go out alone with one of them!