9.07.2008

A Recap.

I have been a bit busy recently between trying to find a new job, moving apartments and starting school.  So this post is a little late, but I figure... better late then never, right? 

This is the rest of Michael and I's vacation in Michigan.  We came home on Sunday the 24th of August.  I had a fun time getting to know his family and friends.  It was also great to get to see my friends again from back home.

Here are a few pictures from the fun.  

First, shopping...

While Michael went to an eye appointment, his mother, sister and I went shopping at the Somerset Mall.  For those of you who haven't been there . . . it's awesome.  After a bit of looking around, Michael and his sister met up with us for some grub.  When we were all full we continued shopping.  Between the mall and a few other stores, I think we shopped for over 7 hours.  Michael wasn't too excited about that but he was a great sport! (I don't think I will ever be able to convince him to go shopping with the girls again.)

Can you tell which one is me? JK

Though it looks like we are in an exotic location, it's just the mall.

Should I get these?


Second, Detroit...

On Thursday night, Kim's (Michael's oldest sister) boyfriend treated all the kids to some pizza in downtown Detroit.  Real Chicago style pizza with extra dough and sauce on top.  I can honestly say I haven't had any pizza like it.  I don't know if it made it to my #1 spot for best pizza ever, but it was good.

The sign.

The crew.

Third, Cedar Point...

Saving the best for last.  I'm not going to lie I was so excited for this day to come.  Not only did I get to go to Cedar Point with Michael and his friends and siblings, but I also got to have a reunion with my high school BFF's.  For the first time since we graduated, Kimmie, Elise and I got to be together.  It was so much fun!  I miss those days.  We were so lucky.  Elise and her family just happened to be going to Cedar Point the exact same day. (For those of you who don't know they lived in PA then so that was really random.)  It was the most perfect day!  There were a lot of people there, but it was great.  The longest we waited was 50 minutes, and that was for the newest ride Maverick.  The lines were unbelievable.  We got to go on all the awesome rides twice.  We even ended up leaving a bit before it closed because we had already been on the rides more than once.  Oh i loved it!

The start of an awesome day!

Waiting for the girls.

BFF's

Ranell and I waiting for the huge wave of water.

No comments: