9.24.2008

One Lucky Duck!

Since the day I met Michael (and this is NO exaggeration) I have been the luckiest person I know.  Before February, (and Emilie can vouch for me here) I was on the longest streak for a series of unfortunate events.  But ladies and gentleman . . . the tables have turned.

I’m not going to list all my blessings (you can see those in previous posts) but I would like to share my most recent lucky break.

Last Friday Michael and I went dress shopping for a bit, and then went to the Thanksgiving Point Bridal Fair. (Lucky moment #1: Michael found out about the bridal fair the night before and not only told me but came with me.  He is the best!) I had a great time walking around talking to people, getting ideas of what I want, and getting free cookies/popcorn/drinks and whatever else they handed me.  I even got to get my hair done.

While walking about talking to vendors and "researching" every now and then they would play this clip of a song.  That meant that you were supposed to go to one of the 14 or so tables with a clapper bell and grab it.  Michael and I really weren't paying attention to this and missed it the first couple times.  While talking to a vendor the song came on the overhead speakers.  The vendor (and the one next to her) both informed and encouraged me to "grab the clapper!"  So I did.  One minute later . . . WINNER!  Not only did I win something, I won free engagement pictures by Jessica's Photography.  I was so excited! (and still am.)

After collecting our coupon, we went and talked to her (Jessica) and got to scoop.  We get a free 2-hour session and 20 free 4x6 and 5 free 5x7.  How awesome is that!  I thought the work she showed at the fair was good so I have high hopes and am excited to see how they turn out.

After talking with Jessica we continued on our way making the rounds.  About an hour and a half later (I wasn't busy at a booth this time) they played the song again.  Michael and I were right by a table so I pick up the clapper again.  And what do you know . . . I won AGAIN!  This time I won free bridals by green apple photography.  I AM SO LUCKY!  They were giving away $50 dollar gift certificates to places, spice racks, yada yada . . . but I won two of the best gifts!  I can’t even describe how excited I was.  I don't think I have ever really won something like this.  It was awesome!  In all we won over $500 in free photography and prints.  I can't wait to see how they look!


Note to those getting married: GO TO BRIDAL FAIRS.  You really can win free things and they offer a lot of discounts if you talk to the vendors.

7 comments:

JAG said...

That IS lucky! Good for you! Being engaged is SO exciting!! We should triple date with Meals SOON. I wanna meet this great guy of yours! :)

Tiffani said...

I'm still so excited you won these free portrait sessions and stuff! Lucky!!! It is amazing what the right influence in your life can do with "luck"...if you know what I mean.

dantzel said...

Awesome! That will be sooo helpful for you with budget and decision making (hopefully; you don't have to choose who your photographers will be except for the wedding day one :) ). Congrats!

Trent and Amelia said...

that is so exciting! SO, are you going to email the dress pics??! I want to see it on you- did you try it with the hoop?
@ JAG- I am liking that triple date idea, we need to get on that

AlexisTexas said...

congrats aubry! you look fantastically happy...
love your photography too...i am incredibly jealous! good luck with the wedding plans-although it doesn't seem like you need my "good luck"s...you've got that in the bag!

Me and my love said...

how cool!!! how are the wedding plans coming? did you get a dress? if i give you a cd, can i get a copy of the pics you took at rj's blessing?

Jess and Rhet said...

Ok, I haven't heard anything about this special dress, or colors, or ANYTHING! Come on, sister- share the scoop (ok, so you did call twice and I haven't returned it... sorry, btw) I am so happy for you. Can't the right guy make life so grand?