11.04.2009

Giving Thanks

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have decided to post something I am thankful for everyday. (I know this is clique, but hey I want to be thankful! :) )

1. My husband, Michael. He is my perfect match and a better husband and best friend then I could have ever imagined. I feel blessed everyday to have him in my life. I am thankful for all of his hard work, support, ambition, love, help and everything else he is and does.

2. The gospel of Jesus Christ and for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am grateful for all of the knowledge and blessing that I have received and for a Father in Heaven who loves me. I am grateful for my testimony.

3. My family. Every one of them. I am thankful to have a family that loves each other and loves to be together. I am grateful for parents who taught me whats right and for their knowledge and understanding. I am grateful for my siblings example, faith, love and support. I love being with them all and love having so much fun together. (Christmas is going to be awesome! 13 adults and 9 children in 1 house = PARTY!)

4. The opportunity I have to attend Brigham Young University and for my acceptance into the Photography program. While it is often difficult and stressful, I love being here and have enjoyed learning from all of the students and teachers I have come to know and respect. I love learning and bettering my skills.

5. Grants. I am very thankful for the governments help with tuition money. It has helped us a lot financially. This is the first year I have received it and let me tell you . . . it's wonderful.

6. My Nikon D300. I wouldn't have gotten into the Photography program and wouldn't have been able to move on in my schooling and profession without it. Thank you Rhet and Jessica for giving me everything.

7. My health and everything that incorporates.

8. My nieces and nephews. I know this goes along with family, but I just love my nieces and nephews. Every time I see them I cant help but smile. They can cheer me up faster than anything or anyone else. I love surprising them with little gifts and watching their reactions. I love every part of being an Aunt. And the best part . . . I can spoil them and give them all the candy I want:)

9. A car. I am grateful for reliable transportation that allows us to do/go anywhere we desire. I don't know what we would do without one.

10. Blankets. I am always cold and Michael is always hot. While he is extremely nice about letting me determine the temperature in the house, I often still find myself curled up under a blanket in sweats doing my homework, watching TV or playing on my computer. (like now:))

11. My knowledge and learning. I am grateful for what I know and for what I will know. I love learning. I will admit there are times when I took classes that I hated. But, it was the tests I hated. I loved the learning and the lectures:) I enjoy being in class and having those moments when it just clicks. And . . . I love knowing random facts.

12. Children. All children. I can't help but smile when I see one. Specifically though, one of my favorite things is teaching a child something or hearing them repeat something they were taught. I remember when my niece Rachel was 1. I often went over and played with her. In this specific instance we were playing with blocks (the ones with the letter of the alphabet on them) and I was telling her what they were as I had done so many times. When all of the sudden she picked up the "R" block and said, "R for Rachel". I was shocked. I am sure she had done that before with her mom and dad, but I just couldn't help but be amazed! I love watching and helping children learn. I am grateful for the opportunities I have to contributed to their knowledge and watch them grow; something worth while.

13. My MAC. School and work would be very difficult without it. It's the best thing ever, what more can I say! I can't thank you Mom and Dad enough.

14. Cell phones. I am grateful for the cell phone that I have and the ability to call anyone, anytime I want. I can talk to people while I walk, in between class, in the car, or anywhere else I desire. I do not miss the days when you had to be home and sitting next to the phone. Oh, technology:)

15. Movies and some great TV shows. Rated PG13 or lower (good quality movies). I am grateful for good wholesome movies. I just love them. I love watching new movies and even old ones I have seen 50 times. While Michael is not easy to please when it comes to movies, I am, I just love the entertainment. It's rare that I don't think a movie is worth watching at least once.

16. A job. I am grateful for my job in Alumni Career Services and the opportunity I have to serve and help the BYU alumni (and anyone else who asks) in finding work. While I don't get a lot of contact with the alumni (I mostly just post jobs and schedule things) there have been a few times when I was able to actually see the "fruits of my labors" if you will. And let me tell you, it makes everything worth it.

17. Friends. I am so grateful for all of the friendships I have made over my lifetime. I have learned a great deal from all of my friends and have appreciated the moments in my life that we spent together. While I am not "best friends" with everyone that I have been over the years, I am still grateful for those experiences. I am grateful for all of the time, effort, love and support that all of my friends have shown me over the years. Thank you all. (Yes family, this includes you.)

18. The earth. Very broad I know, but I was specifically thinking leaves and realized that I could go on for quite awhile if I specify everything in nature that I love. So, broad as it is. I love the earth. I am grateful for it and all its beauty. Photography has taught me, and continues to teach me, to "see" more in the world. I have learn to be more observant and have recognized a lot of the small beauties and wonders that are often overlooked. Its a whole different world when you just open your eyes and mind. Everything is so amazing!

19. Candy. I just realized that I haven't mentioned this. WOW! I am so grateful for sugar and candy (my family can attest to this one). I love it!! If I could, I would eat it all day every day (too bad your body need nutrients:)). My favorite would have to be caramel. It is SO DELICIOUS. Caramel apples, caramel chocolates, caramel corn, caramel chocolate covered pretzels . . . it's heaven on earth. Fact: I have the best recipe and can make the more amazing caramel you have ever tasted. If it were possible I will make some for everyone.

20. Raspberries. If I was left on an island and could only pick one food to have, I would have to choose raspberries. I could live and die a happy person with a lifetime supply of raspberries. (Based on the above topic you may think I would have chosen caramel, but I am afraid I wouldn't last a month only eating caramel.) I am grateful for raspberries and lots of other fruit. They are so tasty and can be used to make tasty treats and desserts as well.

21. Sleep

22. Christmas. I am SO grateful for the Christmas season and the Christmas spirit. I love everything about Christmas, the reason/Christ, the season:), smells, snow, treats, love, service, selflessness, family, presents, decorations, music, cooking . . . EVERYTHING. I look forward to Christmas all year round.

23. Snow. I am grateful for beautiful, white, fluffy, falling snow. Though I don't really enjoy being cold. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without snow. I love watching it fall to the ground. I enjoy watching others play in the snow while snuggled up by the fire. (ha . . . I like to go out and play as well, as long as I'm bundled up.) Snow is awesome.

24. Vacations/breaks. I am grateful that we get holidays off and breaks from school/work. Everyone needs a break every now and then. I am grateful that work is almost over and my "vacation" is about to being. (I say "vacation" because I still have tons of homework to work on while on "break". Teachers are so thoughtful that way:))

25. Michael (I know he is number 1 on the list but hey . . . today is his birthday!) He rocks my world.

26. Photography. I am grateful to be able to do what I do. I love it. The best part about it is that you learn to see everything differently. I see things that I never "saw" or noticed before. I find beauty in the old, rusted, abandoned. It's a wonderful gift, I am thankful for it.

27. Art. I am grateful for artists and art. I will admit that there are some things I don't care for in the "art" world, but more often then not I find it interesting and thought provoking. I enjoy learning about art and being able to experience the art for myself. I love being moved by a piece of artwork.

28. Shoes. I am grateful for the wide variety of shoes for me to enjoy. I love shoes:)

29. The end of the semester. At times I feel that my school years will never end. While I love learning, I love being able to relax:) I am grateful that each semester must come to an end. I cant wait for Christmas!

30. Everything I have been blessed with. I could go on for years. I am so grateful for all of the blessing that my Heavenly Father has blessed by life with. I am often humbled by the blessings I receive. I can honestly say that I have received more then I deserve. My life so far is far better then I could have imaged. I am so grateful and blessed everyday. Thank you.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

So are these for the first six days of november, and you will be doing a post a week with things you are grateful for? Good idea...and I love you too

Michael said...

I'm thankful tooooo! and especially for you dear. Thanks for everything you're the bestest!