10.24.2010

Doughnuts... Big Doughnuts!

While at the grocery store Friday night we were shopping for a few quick things and heard this announcement over the P.A. system, "All of our doughnuts are now only 25 cents a piece." Aubry immediately got this look in her eyes and said, "see ya!" as she took off for the bakery. (doughnuts are one of aubry's favorite things next to candy, loads and loads of candy.)

It was funny watching her, giddy as one of her little nieces, pick out doughnuts. And you know those freakishly big doughnuts that no one ever gets because they are like $2, yeah they were 25 cents too, so...
(move it kid! pregnant lady here)


(I'm sooooo excited! and this box was only $1)


(holy cow, this thing is bigger than my whole head!)

Let's just say that we're kinda sick of doughnuts now.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

A couple weeks ago Kenny was really craving a maple bar donut. So we went to ALL of the groceries stores (3) in Oxford. No one had any. However when we were at Kroger he saw a box of a dozen day old donuts for 2 dollars or something. Well he decided to buy it, and then on the way home he ate about 7 I think. By the time we got home he didn't feel so great. Seems that Kenny went through the same thing you did...he was a little sick of donuts. Thanks for the story it was fun to read!

Ernest said...

mmmmmm doughnuts, I can honestly say i do have a rather large sweet tooth and if i saw one of those babies (you know what I mean) infront of me, it would be gone in an instant. I hope I dont, in my lifetime, ever go diabetic, coz i love my sweets. Hey!! could yu please follow my blog if you do not mind, I am a newcomer to blogger and I just want to make myself known. Please follow and comment on my blogs, the adress is http://fluffy-butterfly.blogspot.com/ I will highly appreciate it if you do. I just followed you. Thanks.

Becca said...

Sweet post. Aubry would have been in doughnut heaven if she had been with Katie and me this weekend at the Bakery--1582 doughnuts made from scratch, frosted, sugared, decorated, sprinkled, etc! But yeah I can understand be tired of donuts now... :)

McChesney's said...

I have never seen a donut that big and I live in the midwest! I can't believe you will soon be a mommy! Congratulations!

Amy & Miikael said...

You may not think so, but you look so cute getting those doughnuts. I love the squat. I am so happy for you.

Jason said...

Lol, we totally did the same thing at Macey's last night. The Texas-size doughnuts are amazing but I have to say I'm done with doughnuts for a while.