10.10.2010

A little update . . .

Where to even begin . . .

Michael and I had a wonderful summer in Michigan. August was a busy month for us . . . I guess technically it has never calmed down:)

Before we drove back to school Michael's mother Fara, his sister Kimberly, and his mom's good friend Tracey threw me a baby shower. It was perfect. The decorations, food, games, everything. I can't thank them enough. I was able to help out a bit (since I quit working at the beginning of the month) which made things a bit easier to plan and get ready.

I was amazed at all of the people who came. We invited a lot of the Jensen's family friends, friends from church, some of my Ann Arbor/Saline friends, and a couple of my high school BFF's. So many people came! I was so excited and thrilled to get to see everyone. I loved having my high school friends there and seeing friends I haven't seen in awhile. I am so grateful for all of their support and love. More then anything I was just so happy to be able to see and visit with so many people that I care about. Oh, and we got a lot of cute baby things!! Thank you everyone!

Unfortunately, I had an accident with my camera. All of my shower pictures and some from our summer fun got deleted. Luckily my sister-in-law Ranell was able to share a few with me. Here is a picture of the cute invitations:), the cake Ranell and I made, and the cradle and high chair. I had some really good pictures of them (the cradle and the high chair) by themselves . . . blasted camera. I will have to take more when we actually start using them.

Invitations


The Cake


The High Chair that we refinished (me in the process)


The refinished cradle. I even recovered the bumper pads:)


Shortly after the shower, Michael and I packed up all of our stuff and started our trip back to Utah. We stopped in Kansas once again to visit some friends from BYU (Evan and Jenni) and of course, the Harris'. We drove from Michigan to Kansas City and spent that evening with Evan and Jenni in their new apartment. We were able to go to church with them the next day, then had to head on down to Derby. We got into Derby around dinner time and spent the next two days hanging out with the Harris'. Michael and I were spoiled. Tiffani got me some maternity clothes and a few cute outfits for baby. Oh, and she let me borrow all of her maternity clothes which has been awesome.

On Monday night Tiffani and Ryan took us all out to a Japanese Steakhouse for some family fun:) I had never been to a restaurant like that before, it was pretty sweet. My favorite part was watching Halli and Carson. When the chef lit a pile of onion rings on fire Halli busted out in tears. haha Poor girl, scared her to death. After it all calmed down Halli actually enjoyed it all. The chef warned her the next time he was going to create a fire so that helped. But she still grabbed my arm and whimpered "mommy, mommy" under her breathe till it was lit. Then she smiled and started laughing. Too cute! Carson was a hoot too, loving everything. (Especially his Shirley Temple bubbly drink.) After dinner we all went bowling and loved that too. All together we had a fun visit with the Harris' complete with an evening of playing out in the yard the night before we left.

Carson and Ryan


Halli


Carson


After our fun vacation in Kansas we loaded up the car once again and drove the last leg of our trip to Utah. Since we didn't have anywhere to go in Provo, and because we wanted to see my parents, we decided to stay with them for a few days. The night after we got in Michael had to be in Provo for training meetings so he took the car and drove down while I stayed in Syracuse with my family. Friday morning my mom, Ryan, and I drove down to Provo, checked into our new apartment, and started cleaning. I am so grateful for my mom. I don't know what I would have done without her. She pretty much cleaned our entire apartment for us and helped us get our things in order. Michael's friends and sister also came over to help move all of our boxes. Thank you everyone! After getting all our boxes in the house we locked up and headed back up to Syracuse to spend the rest of the weekend.

Monday and school came all too soon. Michael and I have been busy since we got into Utah. We spent every extra minute for the first few weeks of school trying to unpack our boxes and get our house in order. I don't think I have ever been so exhausted. But, we finally got everything in its place and our home is in order.

Michael has been having an extremely busy semester. Between trying to keep up with all of his classes, cases, and assignments he has also been interviewing for a Winter Internship. We have spent numerous nights attending recruiting events and Michael has spent even more time preparing for interviews and going to interviews. He flew out to Atlanta last Thursday and Friday for a second interview and will do the same this coming week. I don't know which is worse . . . this semester or last years junior core semester. I would have to say they have been equally challenging and time consuming.

As for me . . . I have been doing my best to keep up and get ahead in my classes. Health wise I have been feeling great. I am just hoping that our little girl is health and stays in my belly till December. I have had some requests for an updated picture of my growing belly . . . hopefully that will be coming soon:)

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

Thanks for the update. Good luck with the busy schedule. I'm really not to far away if we can help.