Wow, it has taken me FOREVER to get this post posted. I am not sure what has gotten into me these past few months. Oh well, here we are.
Jada has been learning and talking like crazy. I love this stage! I love being able to teach her things, have her understand, and have her be able to communicate what she would like to me. It is so fun. Jada continues to fill our lives with joy. We love our little girl!
At 15 and a half months, as of today, March 20th, Jada:
(some of these are a little past due since its been awhile since I updated)
* has 10 teeth and counting. She recently got her two bottom 1 year old molars and is close to having her top canines poke through
* has learned to to climb up and down from couches and other such furniture. She tried to get up on chairs and other things, but has yet to manage that
* loves to dance. She used to dance by squatting and bouncing up and down, but has recently began walking in a circle as her way of dancing. Not sure why, but she does it all the time. She also loves to dance by doing the "running man" as Michael calls it. (She moves her feet as quickly as she can in place. It's really cute)
* likes to play with dolls/babies. We got her a baby awhile ago and she got a second one for her birthday, but it wasn't until about a month ago that she really started paying much attention to them. Now you can often find her pushing them in their stroller, wrapping them up in a blanket (dish towel), and rocking them while singing (humming). She takes such good care of her babies
* still has very little hair. Poor thing
* gets so excited when Daddy is home. I still can't manage to get her to laugh like he does
* still lets Mom and Dad put bows and flower headbands on her and keeps them on:)
* started talking like crazy. Besides mama and dada her first words were this and that
* HATES having her teeth brushed. She cries the hardest when its time. Not sure why . . .
* has learned to say: Michael, mama, dada, uh oh, this, that, dog, keys, ball, up, yeah, yes, no, go outside, Maimi, Poppi, Carson, Bentley, Becca, cheese, lunch, waffle, wooooah, where, what and more I'm sure I didn't catch. Still no hi and bye
* understands most of what we say to her
* loves to be sang to. When she was a baby, she did NOT like me to sing to her, it only upset her more. But now that she is older, she loves it
* has learned to shut doors and knock. It is one of her favorite games
* loves to be outside. Since the weather has gotten better she wants to go outside every day, and once outside it is difficult to get her back in
* loves collecting rocks. If you come visit you will find a small pile next to our front door
* learned to kick balls and other objects
* knows how to sign "more", "please", and "thank you" and does so regularly
* loves to blow kisses when saying goodbye
* has learned to give hugs
* likes to have her own bowl of cereal for breakfast and does not want any help eating it
* loves feeding herself. She is pretty stubborn and often refuses to let anyone help her, even if its soup or something difficult to get on a spoon or a fork. No matter what, she finds a way to eat it
* loves to do push ups and pull ups with Daddy
* loves to play with headphones and electronics. She has figured out how to plug them into iPhones and such and is occupied for quite some time every time we let me play with them
* likes coloring/drawing on any paper you give her
* will come grab your finger if she wants to you do something or go with her somewhere
* knows where her eyes, nose, and hair are
* often says Mmmmmmm when eating something she enjoys
* has learned to fold her arms when its time to pray
* has started going to nursery at church and finally made it the whole 2 hours on her own! (Our ward lets the children go in at 15 months. Lucky us:)
* finally has started liking milk
* and plenty more I am sure I forgot
Photos from the past 2 or so months . . .
The Instagram batch:)
Jada, the intense Wii gamer
Our diligent little journal writer:) I need to take some lessons
Jada apparently didn't think Dad was working out hard enough. She decided to give him a little help:)
How did we get so lucky!?