8.07.2013

Meet Seth

This past Sunday night I got to experience my first labor and birth that was not my own. My sister Dantzel gave birth to their 4th child, a healthy adorable baby boy (their 1st boy) and I was able to be a part of the night and document their experience.

I am not going to lie, it is a completely different experience when it isn't you. It was difficult for me to watch my sister in so much pain. I knew exactly what she was experiencing and I wanted to take it away. After getting induced, she had planned to get an epideral, but found out last minute that she would not be able to receive one which meant hours of intense labor that she hadn't prepared to endure. I wanted more then anything to take that pain away, but there was nothing we could do except wait . . . and we waited. That baby took his time.

Finally on August 5th at 8:10am, Seth was born. I was so nervous watching him enter this world. It was so beautiful and amazing I couldn't help but cry (Which is funny because I have yet to cry at any of my own children's births). Though at one point I had to turn away, my heart was racing. Michael had told me that the baby is purple at first, but I guess I wasn't prepared enough. It scared me. But baby Seth came out just fine and he is healthy as can be.

Congratulations Dantzel and Adam! Thank you for letting me be a part of your experience.









































No comments: