8.13.2014

California Part 1

On April 16th, Jada, Tucker and I flew to LA to spend a few weeks with my Mom and Dad.


As always I was a bit worried how Tucker would do on the 5 hour flight to California, but he did surprisingly well. He fell asleep in my arms as we were taking off which was a miracle right there. About an hour later he woke up and wanted to sit next to Jada to watch Frozen with her. About 10 minutes after that he started acting drowsy and wanted me to hold him. Upon picking him up I realized he had quite a fever. For the remaining 4 hours he lay in my arms quietly sleeping on and off. He didn't care to eat or drink anything. I was a little worried at first because this was very unlike Tucker but everything worked out. (Jada had a fever the week before so I was pretty sure it had just caught up with Tucker.)

The next few days were a little rough for Tucker. He slept well, but only wanted his Mom. He continued to have the fever on and off and wasn't in the mood for much. He just wanted me to hold him all day. Luckily after a few days we were back to "normal".

We spend the first few days relaxing and getting the kids used to the time difference, as well as, getting them healthy. After that we started the fun. We visited the Santa Monica Pier, took part in their wards Easter Egg Hunt, Dad and I went on a Warner Brothers Studio Tour, we visited Poppi at work, went to the Grove, and visited the dog park.

During this time Jada started saying a few new phrases: "No, no, no, no, no" and "I can't do it!" I am not sure where she picked them up but she has the cutest little attitude when she says them. I can't help but smile. 

Amid the fun, on Saturday, April 19th, we got the sad news that my Grandma Hansen passed away. At 100 years old Heavenly Father decided it was time for her to come home. The funeral would be in Utah and since we were with my mom and dad we were able to find cheap flights for us all to go. So we took a vacation from our vacation to attend her funeral.

Pictures from our first week and a half in California:

Ward Easter Egg Hunt










The Santa Monica Pier: the end of Route 66








Santa Monica Beach














Farmers Market at the Grove


This picture cracks me up!


Warner Brothers Studio Tour favorites







No comments: