Memphis, you are so loved. You melt our hearts with your cute personality and loving nature. You are at the best age and say the cutest things. I literally feel like my heart could burst from the happiness and joy you bring into our lives.
As of January 21st, you:
* weighs 33 pounds 9 ounces (85th percentile)
* is 38 inches tall (still above the 100th percentile)
* love reading books. Your favorites are "Nibbles", "Go Dog Go", "Little Red Penguin Shapes" and "All Better"
* love stuffed animals. You currently have Peanut (your elephant), Bear (your lamb), Owl (your owl), Foxy (your fox), and now BB8 and Nemo
* have started talking in sentences and are good at letting others know what you want. Everyone can understand you and you speak very clearly
* are very independent
* love climbing and getting things yourself. You can often be found in the fridge, on the counter, in the cupboards, playing in the bathroom sinks with water all over the floor, or in the pantry eating all the applesauce pouches that you know how to open
* are a great eater (unless you hear one of your siblings say something is gross or nasty)
* wake up every day between 6:30 and 7AM
* when asked if you are stinky, you often say "I'm good". On the other hand, you often are happy to tell me when you need a diaper change and will even go get the diaper and wipes for me
* say "i love you", "ok mommy", "I'm sorry", and "thank you mommy" all the time (or daddy). You are just the sweetest
* don't really care for watching TV. Any time the kids have it on, you get excited, but only last for about 5 minutes. It just doesn't keep you. Even when I let you play on my phone you enjoy watching PBS but switch shows every minute or so. My favorite thing is that you love "Pizza/Movie Night" and get so excited, but once again, the movie doesn't keep you
* love milk and always want your sippy cup full of milk
* are a great sleeper. You go down for naptime and bedtime so easily and well, it's so great. You have been taking one nap a day for quite a while, and are still keeping that up. You take a good 2-3 hour nap every day
* love treats and candy
* enjoy playing with your siblings and daddy
* loves counting and can count to 10 by himself
* love playing outside with the neighbors and your siblings. You especially love playing with Jackson's dad, Jeff. Any time he is out you seem to find a way to escape to go see him. He is so good to play with you and entertain you. It's pretty cute
* enjoy trains, cars, looking through books, and your new roller coaster that you just got
* has started going in the potty. You can't tell when you need to go yet, at least you don't vocalize it, but you are very good at squeezing it out of you when you do sit on the "duck potty". We know you are ready to potty train, but haven't found the time. Soon!
* love your bamboo-muslin blankets
* are finally starting to know your colors. We were worried for awhile that you may be color blind, but it appears that's not the case. You know most of your colors and enjoy telling us what color something is
* like to help mom make dinner. Ok maybe not help me, but like to play right under my feet while I work around you
* love mom and have a special bond with her
* love your Maimi, Poppi, Gramma and Grandpa J
* loves singing and being sung to. His favorite songs are "Twinkle Twinkle", "Frosty the Snowman", "Rainfalls", "The Wise Man", and "Scripture Scout" songs
* knows a few shapes: circle, rectangle, square, oval, star, heart, moon, and diamond
You are one cute little man. Our lives are so much better with you in it!